Sunday, 19 July 2015

Body Creativity

Keeping to the theme of my blog of creativity and art, i wanted to look at something that most people don't perceive as creative. Our Human Body. Our human body was created. and each one of us is unique and different. We dress it up, with piercings, tattoos, clothes and the colour of our hair. We create new looks for ourselves on the outside and forget to think about the inside (the areas we don't see). The things we eat and the way we act can damage or refine the lifespan and quality of our lives.

I constantly crave for sugar and even though I'm slim my diet can be pretty terrible at times. I eat a lot of chocolate and when i can afford will scoff down plenty of takeaways. My exercise regime doesn't exist, only keeping myself active when I'm running around at work. 

After watching a few UFC fights and checking out 'The Ultimate Fighter' for the first time, I started to think more about my diet and exercise routine and how i could improve it. So i started researching nutrition and fitness blogs (which you can find on my bloglovin' link below) a lot of these have awesome exercises you can do at home without spending money on the gym. They also include a lot of food facts and recipes to create to avoid getting bored of what you're eating.
I also bought a book called 'The Food Doctor' which you can buy from amazon. It's an amazing book telling you different foods to fight or help heal your body or your mind. It gives you a list of the food groups and alternative foods for vegans and vegetarians (if you're not a meat lover unlike me.) Definitely worth a read.

To push myself further I have also set up an Instagram page @nakomafitness to help motivate me to keep going and hopefully motivate others as I go along. I'm not aiming on losing weight because i think I'd be silly to do this, as I am already at a healthy weight for my age and height. My plan is tone and generally eat healthier, building my fitness and health inside and out through daily exercise and eating clean. I'm already two weeks in and can feel the difference in my mood, skin and my energy. 

Eating clean is not always as easy as you may think. It does not mean going for the fat free options or those fruit filled cereals you see in the supermarket. It doesn't mean that you can have a diet coke or go on a fad diet. To eat healthy you need fats, proteins, carbs and your vitamins and minerals. A balanced diet comes from natural sources. This world has created all the substances we need for our bodies. Now if that's not art then what is? 

Theres some cool documentaries out there which are telling you the true facts about food and how companies are false advertising to make you feel like you're eating healthier, just so you'll get addicted to their products. It's crazy!!! But you'll be surprised how many people are doing it.
Check out 'Hungry for a change' on Netflix. So eye-opening!


I'm starting my fitness journey now with the aim to create a healthy environment for myself to live in. Any advice or ideas are welcome as I am just learning. Get in touch with any interesting reads or documentaries. I'm open to learning something new. Maybe even throw on those workout clothes or pack your fridge full of fun food and join me? I hope I inspire others along the way :) 


You can also find me on the links below,

Toodles :) 



bloglovin'     instagram       facebook       twitter    @nakomafitness



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...