Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Record Store Day



Working at "That's Entertainment" in Huddersfield, I get to listen to loads of genres of music, discover new films, bands and artists and be surrounded by inspirational artwork. Since working here my music taste has broadened. So when we got a visit from a local record label about acoustic performances in store, all the staff was enthusiastic and "Record Store Day" felt like the perfect day to start this again. After having a meeting with them, I was asked by my supervisor if I'd be interested in producing the artwork for this event. Excited to collaborate and with full artistic license as long as their were nothing which would offend, i started creating ideas. I got to play with typography and had fun drawing up my octopus :) Each collaboration i do, helps improve my experience with working with clients. After doing this project, i would definately like to work more with the music industry. This artwork is going to be produced into posters and leaflets which will be distributed around Huddersfield, so keep your eyes peeled. So on the 21st April pop down to "That's Entertainment" in Huddersfield, between 3-5pm and come see two great artists and give them some support. Looking forward to seeing you there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...