Friday, 9 December 2011

Grandad


It's my Dad's birthday today and as a gift for him i drew this image from a photograph my grandma found of my grandad who died this year in June from prostate cancer. The photograph was taken of him in his early 30's. I've been wanting to draw a portrait in this dot technique for a while after my dad had mentioned it to me and thought this was the perfect time :) I've enjoyed drawing this so much, and it's wierd how emotional you get drawing some-one you know for some-one special. I was so excited to give him it this morning and was pleased that he loved it :)

In Memory of Geoffrey Bruce and i send my love to the people and families who are suffering from prostate cancer. R.I.P Grandad.

Copyright of Natasha Aldred 2011

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the patience and skill to do that. Absolutely fantastic work... as usual!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...