Friday, 8 April 2011

Geisha Shoot









I'm recently illustrating a prospective artwork for memoirs of the geisha bookcover. As part of my work i organised a geisha photoshoot. I like the colours and simplicity in this shoot and used models who had never modelled yet. This gave me a challenge and allowed me to express the essence of a geisha through simple poses and angles. I will be drawing from a few of these and hope that some will make it into my portfolio. Criticism is most appreciated. I want to play on this geisha shoot and recreate an alternative anti-geisha of the modern day. So expect more geisha shoots to come :) I've also done a shoot today for a friend's uni fashion garments which was so fun and different. I will have these new ones up soon :)

Copyright of Natasha Aldred 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...