Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Archie's Coffees, shakes and bakes

So for the past few days I've been working on a poster for a live brief. The client being Archie's Coffees, Shakes and Bakes. A retro american 1940's style cafe in Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire. To produce this poster I took photos at the cafe as a reportage project to capture images of the friendly atmosphere of the venue, which was a necessity to have on the poster. I used the Archie's logo and created the ice cream colour/ pastels theme to bring out the 1940's feel of the cafe. The Photo's are in circles to create that record/ donut look. You may see this around the West Yorkshire area soon. Pop in and enjoy they're frothy milkshakes, homebaked brownies and especially in this weather, they're icecreams. You can also find them on facebook on Archies- Coffee's, shakes and Bakes.

This was a new way of working for me, it got me working with the client, and making the image to how they would like. We kept in contact and i sent a versions to them, and had them tell me what they would like changing, each time, working back into it and sending it off again. This was an interesting experience and has given me proffessional practice for the future. It's an insight into what to expect :)

Copyright of Natasha Aldred 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...