Friday, 4 June 2010

The Erl King



Finally my blog has allowed me to upload these images. Using the images below taken with a film camera i scanned them in and started to work into these 3 pieces to adapt a story. The Erl King being a story about virgin girls entering the woods and getting leered in by the Erl King who takes away there innocence and turns them into song birds. There is a twist at the end, which i have chosen not to give away in my illustrations. But if you would like to read on the story can be found in "Angela Carter's The Bloody Chamber."
I have chosen to use photoshop to mix and match photographs and drawn images. I am happy with the turn out. I hope to use this technique in the future and learn new ways to improve it.

Copyright of Natasha Aldred

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...