Sunday, 9 May 2010

Photoshop "Phoniness?"















So... i think I'm up to date :) For my latest project i thought I would return back to my English lessons at high school, and pick up the book that a lot of my class mates hated. The Catcher in the rye, which was once banned, is a bildungsroman and tells the story of Holden Caulfield as he is coming of age. Everything is "phony" to Holden, and he hates change, and watching innocence and purity disappear. I was able to borrow a baseball glove for this book jacket. I photographed it and drew it out. Using Print and sewing for the words, i then ventured on to my attempt of assembling this on photoshop. Not knowing many photoshop skills before i feel that i have gained more knowledge in this subject :) Remember don't fall off the edge of the cliff where the field of rye grows and the children play, keep your innocence, don't fall into the world of adulthood where life is full of phoniness! Enjoy having the peter pan syndrome.... and never fully grow up :)

Copyright of Natasha Aldred

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...